The Storehouse Turkey Drive
VOHL volunteers are running a fundraising campaign for the next few weeks to raise funds to purchase turkeys for our local food bank The Storehouse. They are estimating needing to feed 1000 families this year. Now these families can range from 1 to 8+. So there is a need for Cornish Hens, small turkeys, and large turkeys. These families can only visit the food bank once a month, so they are starting to get their Thanksgiving items this early, so we will be purchasing the turkeys each week for the families. We are primarily raising money to purchase turkeys, as we can’t personally store 100’s of turkeys. How can you help?
1. We will have some High School Volunteers taking up cash collections this Saturday at some of the main corners of the neighborhood. If you see them and want to make a donation, please stop and make your donation. These kids are completing some of their community volunteer hours, so excited for their help!
2. Silent Auction will begin online on our HOA website, www.villagesofhiddenlakehoa.com/charityauction, on Tues Nov 1st. It will run thru Sunday, Nov 6th. These items were donated by businesses in the neighborhood or collected from local companies by a VOHL volunteer!
3. Need an easy way to donate, we are accepted PayPal donations to Mandy Nation’s paypal account email@example.com.
4. Turkey donations. If you have a turkey in your freezer (which can be up to 3 years frozen), we can donate the turkey for you. Just get with a volunteer listed below to drop off/Pick up.
5. HEB free turkeys. As we get closer to Thanksgiving, lots of times HEB runs promotions for a free turkey. If they still offer this promotion and you do not need the turkey, please pick one up for donation.
If you need to drop off a turkey (or any food donation), please email firstname.lastname@example.org.